5 Practice Takeaways from the AAOSH Scientific Session
You know that AAOSH brings together industry-leading experts in the research, science, and implementation of oral-systemic health each year for our Annual Scientific Session. Cutting-edge science and practical implementation courses are what separates AAOSH from other dental conferences.
But it’s more than a weekend of lectures. It’s more than 16 CE credits.
It’s being able to hit the ground running Monday morning after the session, armed with the ability to translate science into improved patient care and the tools to improve medical-dental interactions and community outreach.
Here are five practice takeaways you’ll get by attending the 6th Annual AAOSH Scientific Session.
- Step-by-step clinical protocols for chairside testing, ozone therapies, soft tissue lasers, advanced oral cancer screening, and diabetes screening. This is not your father’s dentistry! You’ll get a great understanding of the tools available to you as an oral-systemic clinician and how to implement them into your existing routines.
- How to change the way you talk to your patients. Periodontal disease is a major chronic inflammatory disease, and you do more than clean teeth. Do your patients know that you are helping add healthy years to their lives?
- How to screen for sleep disorders and airway problems. The dental team has an enormous opportunity to identify and treat these issues, which often go undiagnosed.
- How to incorporate wellness programs into your practice. What are the real answers when it comes to nutrition? How can you help patients reduce chronic pain through diet? How can the dental team help patients quit smoking?
- How to lead by example. Not only will you learn about wellness, you’ll also have the opportunity to participate in discounted health screenings (OralDNA, CIMT, A1C, CRP, BioPhotonic Scans) to find out whether you’re practicing what you preach.
With an all-star lineup of speakers presenting about oral pathogens, sleep-disordered breathing, pro-inflammatory diet, toxins, global medicine considerations, and more, you’ll walk away from this session with the specific guidelines for producing total wellness in every patient you see.
Advancing Oral-Systemic Health
Through AAOSH, oral-systemic healthcare has taken a giant step forward. Bringing together world-class authorities, educators, and motivated healthcare providers is the biggest catalyst in advancing and growing this unprecedented movement.
Join us in Orlando September 16-17 for our 6th Annual Scientific Session, and bear witness to this evolution of healthcare.