Oral Systemic Health and Practice Profitability
Presented by: Susan Maples, DDS
Original Publication Date: January 19, 2019
This course is available for CE Credit as a "Members Only" benefit. Not a Member? CLICK HERE to learn more about AAOSH Membership.
If you’re an AAOSH member, you’re probably a doctor or hygienist already excited about helping patients achieve optimal oral and overall health. You might also be flanked by team members who “get it” and are eager to be on this journey with you! Still, you want to make sure it makes good business sense to advance your total health offerings. In this session, Susan will help you understand how to position your oral-systemic practice to create a competitive advantage, flourish with profitability, and even become insurance independent if that is what you seek.
- Understand the importance of positioning an oral-systemic practice to gain a competitive advantage and improve profitability.
- Apply strategies to align total health offerings with business success, including the potential transition to insurance independence.
- Evaluate the business sense and feasibility of advancing total health offerings within an oral-systemic practice.
- Analyze the factors contributing to creating a competitive advantage in a healthcare practice focusing on oral-systemic care.
- Create a plan to position an oral-systemic practice for sustained profitability and business success while considering insurance independence as an option.
Dr. Susan Maples is a passionate health educator and leads a successful Total Health Insurance independent practice in Holt, Michigan. She currently serves as President-Elect for AAOSH. Susan brings preventative and restorative dental expertise, a passion for mouth-body total health, a master's degree in business/marketing, and 30+ years of experience in private practice. She is the creator and founder of Total Health Academy, a complete online solution for dental teams to integrate all aspects of Total Health Dentistry, and the author of BlabberMouth! 77 Secrets Only Your Mouth Can Tell You to Live a Healthier, Happier, Sexier Life, and developer of Hands-On Learning Lab™ and SelfScreen.net.